Pages


Monday, June 14, 2010

Cleanse, Pray, and Don't Skit

June 14, 2010
5:35 a.m.

I did something really interesting a couple of minutes ago...

I did something that I haven't done in a couple of years...

I did something that I've been avoiding...

I did something that was completely necessary to improve my mental and even physical well-being...

I did something that I encourage everyone to try...

A couple of minutes ago, I got on my knees and prayed.

For the past few months, PAUSE... For the past few years, I have felt somewhat lost. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's a feeling that has been eating away at me. It's definitely not "Girl Interrupted" lost or "Lindsay Lohan" lost. I've been just kind of floating around and going with the wind. While I always embrace a good "going with the wind" moment, I think that living ones life that way for a long period of time can be utterly draining.

After months of reflection, alone time, tears, good times, and clearly bad times, I have made a decision to take control of my life. Now! There are a few ways that I intend on doing this. I've realized the beauty of having a blog and being able to share this with y'all is that if you see me out in the streets, you are totally welcome to call me out if you catch me slipping on my goals (which I REALLY encourage BTW Lol). So like I was saying, I have really thought out how I am going to begin this little journey of mine. Here we go!

1. PRAY! Everyday... To myself... out loud... on my iPhone Notes... whatever works at the moment.

2. Start with the Master Cleanse. Naysayers, please keep comments to yourself... Lol... No seriously... No negativity needed here.

For those that do not know, the Master Cleanse, "also known as the Lemon Cleanse and the Maple Syrup Diet, is a body and mind detoxification program created by alternative medicine performer Stanley Burroughs in 1941." Don't you just LOVE Wikipedia! Some people chose to do the Cleanse for 7 or 10 days. I've chosen to go full out and do 10 days.

3. Along with the Cleanse, I'm giving drinking a little rest. I know! I know! No fun huh? Well, I'm actually not even allowed to drink while doing the Cleanse, but I figured it would be a great way to focus and gain some perspective. Don't worry DC Summer friends... I promise to have a little fun with you before the summer is over :)

4. Cloves... Also taking a hike with the Cleanse and it will be a great path to me quitting at the end of summer. I know some people are gunna be ecstatic about #4. Lol

5. Get back active! I think back to when I was happiest and sharpest and it was definitely anytime I was competing in some type of sports activity. I miss that... I miss competition... I miss being outdoors and going for a run or swim. It's been a minute so I may just start with taking Ollie on some journeys or borrowing someones bike until I get this money up and get my own. SMH...

6. Reflect. Read. Write.

7. Get a weave... Hahaha... I'm just playing... but on the low... If this DC heat keeps it up, I might actually keep #7

So there's my list. That is my own personal path to gaining some peace and taking back control of my life. When I prayed, I asked God for strength and dude! I am going to need A LOT of it to really follow through. I will honestly say that I tend to make goals and just say eff it and move onto the next. This is NOT the person that I want to be. This is also something very difficult to admit, but it's necessary if I'm going to get to where I need to in life.

Like I said, I'm going to need some strength. I'm going to need support. If you can, pray for a player... Offer some words of encouragement... @Reply me on Twitter and help me stay motivated.... and if there's something that you are skitting on, consider stopping and setting a dope lil' goal for yourself. I know... It's hard, but trust me when I say... I am the ultimate skitter and I'm pretty damn good at it, but skitting is whack as long as you're skitting yourself.

Thanks in advance Homies,
L. Paige

3 comments:

  1. I support it. Love you lots Paige.
    -Kristina Foster

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) stay motivated paigey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep us all posted on the Master Cleanse! I was just reading all about it online last week (no negativity here :) -Amber

    ReplyDelete