Pages


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love... Grow!

Isn’t it funny how we don’t realize that we’re growing until we’ve grown? We need to see results and progress to believe. Like, when women are trying a new diet, they aren’t satisfied until their jeans fit a little looser or the number gets lower on the scale. Forget the fact that they are now exercising or eating healthy. We all just want results. The funniest thing about it is that it isn’t really funny at all.

What happen to patience? Being diligent dreamers? I feel like we were taught the basic subjects in school but no one really taught us about hope and motivation. Who teaches that subject? The closest thing is church- Which in my experiences, bring me back down to Earth and keep me grounded. However, where was our life coach back in grade school who should have been lifting us up? The person who isn’t your parents but says, “You can do it” and “Believe in yourself”. This is so frustrating to me because this is SO ME! I play this role and I cannot stand being surrounded by people who don’t have it in them to reciprocate.
Love me hard as f*ck or let me be!!

One day God told me I needed a divine addition in my life. At that time, I didn’t know what it would be. But in the end, He decided to bless me with Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. And with that, He gave me Linesisters. Through that sisterhood, I learned how to follow suit like no other (since I am in the BACK of the Line :)). Apparently, the Sorors are all reading Eat, Pray, Love- So you know what I did? I copped that jawn too!

Between breathing, sleeping, eating, and working, I can’t keep my hands off of this book. This post won’t be a synopsis of the book. One- Because I am not finished yet. And two- Because this is something you need to experience for yourself. This book is amazing in so many ways. So far it’s taught me about pursuit of personal pleasure, the strength of spirituality and self-identity. This book is ALL about the "you can do it"- Just what I needed.

The book is reminding me that if you don’t make you happy, who will? There are so many things about me that I let slip through the cracks because I am trying to make someone else happy or trying to do what I think should make me happy. But when is the right time to discover what makes me ecstatic and indulge in it? I’ve decided: RIGHT FUCKIN NOW!!

With this, I decided that the people that I will surround myself with are going to make me happy as hell. They will inspire me. Challenge me. Be good to me. Surprise me. Put me on to new things. Love me. Motivate me. Explore with me. Try new things with me. Take over the world with me. Pray with me. Read books with me. Look fly with me. Appreciate a good quote with me. Grow with me.

Isn’t funny how we grow and don’t even realize it? Now that my vision is clear, I do see results. But I am still satisfied with the results that have yet to come. I am happy with the road to success, just as much as I will be pleased when I finally get off that road and park this bitch called “life.” I am growing and morphing into this free spirited, spiritual woman. I am blossoming into a healthier, more loving me. I am rising to my highest height.

How are you growing?

-Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment